The Laboratory of Fluid Mechanics & Energy (LFME) of the University of Patras, Greece, was established in 1990 by Professor Demos T. Tsahalis. From its inception, LFME has focused its activities in the development of methodologies, algorithms and computer software for the modeling of problems, as well as, performing vibration and noise experiments/measurements in the following main research areas:
- Active Noise and Vibration Control (ANVC)
- Genetic Algorithms (GAs)
- Optimization – Artificial Intelligence (Artificial Neural Networks, Expert Systems)
- Modellization – Finite Element Methods (FEM)
- Sub-structuring Techniques
- Energy Related Problems (Rational Use of Energy, Renewable, Energies, etc.)
LFME has gained considerable expertise in not only performing R&D but also in managing and coordinating projects, through its participation in European Commission funded projects.